Thursday, 29 OCT 02015, 9 P.M. at The New Parkway
Come to Oakland to celebrate Halloween week spooktech with Chris Noessel, keeper of scifiinterfaces.com, with a big-screen viewing of the sci-fi/comedy/spooky greats Ghostbusters.
Reserve your ticket before they’re sold out at Brown Paper Tickets
The pre-show includes
- A trivia contest you take on your phone
- A bookstacking contest
- A short presentation deconstructing Ghostbusters for its…uhh…questionable service design
You can win stuff!
- A brand-new and awesome sci-fi interface t-shirt designed just for Ghostbusters by Kevin Langer
- Copies of “Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons from Science Fiction” &or other Rosenfeld Media titles.
- A year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud year-long subscriptions (if you’re a creative professional, winning this pays for the ticket many times over)
8:15 – 9:00: Dinner from The New Parkway concession stand: menu, queueing for seats.
9:00 – 9:10: Seating (going to try to get this done quickly)
9:10 – 9:40: Pre-show
9:40 – 11:30: Ghostbusters
People getting back to San Francisco via BART need not worry. According to BART schedule, there are three trains to catch after the film:
- 11:39 You can make it if you dash
- 11:59 Makes for a leisurely stroll back
- 12:19 Would even let you grab a drink nearby first