Thursday, 29 OCT 02015, 9 P.M. at The New Parkway
Come to Oakland to celebrate Halloween week spooktech with Chris Noessel, keeper of scifiinterfaces.com, with a big-screen viewing of the sci-fi/comedy/spooky greats Ghostbusters.
Reserve your ticket before they’re sold out at Brown Paper Tickets
The pre-show includes
- A trivia contest you take on your phone
- A bookstacking contest
- A short presentation deconstructing Ghostbusters for its…uhh…questionable service design
You can win stuff!
- A brand-new and awesome sci-fi interface t-shirt designed just for Ghostbusters by Kevin Langer
- Copies of “Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons from Science Fiction” &or other Rosenfeld Media titles.
- A year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud year-long subscriptions (if you’re a creative professional, winning this pays for the ticket many times over)
8:15 – 9:00: Dinner from The New Parkway concession stand: menu, queueing for seats.
9:00 – 9:10: Seating (going to try to get this done quickly)
9:10 – 9:40: Pre-show
9:40 – 11:30: Ghostbusters
The New Parkway: 474 24th St, Oakland, CA 94612. You can find directions on getting there using Google or on the cinema website.
People getting back to San Francisco via BART need not worry. According to BART schedule, there are three trains to catch after the film:
- 11:39 You can make it if you dash
- 11:59 Makes for a leisurely stroll back
- 12:19 Would even let you grab a drink nearby first